Dentures are a removable set of teeth made of high quality acrylic material. They are designed for exact measurements. The objective is to achieve the most natural appearance, fit, and bite. Full or partial dentures are possibly, the best choice for tooth replacement for many dental patients.
Full (complete) dentures are used when an entire arch of teeth need to be replaced. This may be designed as an upper or lower denture (possibly both) to restore function and natural beauty after a tooth loss or tooth extraction. Our patients can choose from two methods of denture treatment:
- Traditional dentures - designed when the gums have completely healed after tooth extraction.
- Immediate dentures - designed before tooth extraction and placed over the gums to wear as tissues heal. Because there is a great deal of swelling which subsides after the extraction of several teeth, the immediate denture will need to be adjusted frequently. The immediate denture offers the advantage of a full set of teeth during the healing process.
Partial denture appliance - when several teeth have been lost or extracted (some natural teeth remain), designed to bring back beauty plus functionality.
During your dental consultation, we will discuss different types of partial dentures:
- The cast partial denture, which has a metal substructure
- The full resin denture, which offers a bit more flexibility
- The interim partial denture, a “flipper”
For Full Dentures and Partial Dentures, call the preferred local dentist office for cities, towns, and suburbs near Morganton, North Carolina including Lenoir, NC; Hickory, NC; Newton, NC; Lincolnton, NC; Shelby, NC; Boone, NC; Kings Mountain, NC; Gastonia, NC; Statesville, NC; Gaffney, SC; Mount Holly, NC; Cornelius, NC; Asheville, NC; Mooresville, NC; Elizabethton, TN